Advanced Nonlinear Analysis & Earthquake Engineering Software
Novel Structural (nvStructural) is the Advanced Nonlinear Structural Analysis and Earthquake Engineering software. With its user-friendly interface, you can model complex structures in just minutes and get the analysis results and structural response you want to inspect, quickly and easily. Structural simulation had never been this easy!
Novel Structural uses OpenSees as its analysis engine. OpenSees (The Open System for Earthquake Engineering Simulation) is a software framework for simulating the seismic response of structural and geotechnical systems and it is primarily developed and maintained by PEER (Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center) at University of California, Berkeley. OpenSees is actively used in Structural and Earthquake Engineering research projects all around the world.
Novel Structural can either be used as a fully integrated Structural Analysis and Earthquake Engineering software or it can be used as a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for OpenSees.
Download and test the trial version of Novel Structural in our downloads section.
See some screenshots of Novel Structural in our gallery.
Modeling/User Interface Features
- Hardware accelerated modern 2D and 3D display utilizing latest graphics hardware features
- 2D and 3D Edit and View modes
- Drawing on XY, YZ and XZ planes in 2D. Drawing on any plane in 3D
- Advanced selection options, selection of poly-line intersections, selection filters
- Object sub-division
- Export to OpenSees input file
- Imperial or Metric Unit System
- Model Explorer tree view for quick model property editing
- Deformed shape display and animation
- Mode shape display and time history animation
- Joint reaction, force diagram displays
- Displacement and stress contours
- Element Response plots
- Zoom, pan, navigation options
- Quick object info display on mouse hover
- Built-in Model generation templates
- And more...
- Linear and Nonlinear Structure Models
- Dead Load Analysis
- Pushover Analysis
- Cyclic Pushover Analysis
- Time-history Analysis
- P-Delta Effects
- Uniform-support excitation
- Multi-support excitation
- Rayleigh Damping
- Nonlinear geometry, nonlinear materials
- Uniaxial materials: Elastic material, Elastic No-tension material, Elastic Perfectly Plastic material, Elastic Perfectly Plastic Gap material, Zero Tensile Strength Concrete material, Linear Tension Softening Concrete material, Nonlinear Tension Softening Concrete material, Steel01 material, Steel02 material - Giuffré-Menegotto-Pinto Model with Isotropic Strain Hardening, Hardening material, Hysteretic material, Parallel material, Series material
- Multi-dimensional materials: Elastic Isotropic material, Plane Stress material, Plate Fiber material
- Zero length elements: springs, isolators
- Line elements: Elastic Beam Column element, Nonlinear Beam Column element, Beam With Hinges Element, Displacement Based Beam Column Element, Truss elements
- Quad elements: ShellMITC4 element
- Solid elements: Standard Brick element, Bbar Brick element
- Rigid Diaphragms, Equal DOF Constraints
- Rigid Links
- Line end releases, end offsets
- Nodal load, displacement application
- Line distributed and point load application
- Load patterns, time series, ground motions, analysis cases
- Static, dynamic, transient, variable-transient analysis types
- Eigen value analysis
- Solution algorithm options: Linear, Newton, Newton with line search, Modified Newton, Krylov-Newton, BFGS, Broyden
- Solver options: Profile Symmetric Positive Definite, Banded Symmetric Positive Definite, Sparse Symmetric Positive Definite, Banded General, Sparse General, UMFPACK
- And more...